Police seize assets worth Rs 2.5 cr from MP clerk
Indore: Lokayukta Police Tuesday raided various premises of a clerk, posted in a Janpad Panchayat in neighbouring Khargone district, and have unearthed properties worth over Rs 2.5 crore which are allegedly disproportionate to his known sources of income, a senior officer said.
"The clerk, identified as Babulal Patel (50), posted in Maheshwr Janpad Panchayat in Khargone district, allegedly amassed wealth through corrupt means. Acting on a complaint, a 50-member Lokayukta team conducted raids at Maheshwar, Indore, and Machalpur villages," Lokayukta SP Virendra Singh told PTI.
He said that it has come to light during the raids that Patel has amassed movable and immovable assets worth over Rs 2.5 crore, grossly disproportionate to his income.
"The immovable assets, in Indore and Khargone districts, include five houses, four plots, 34-acre agriculture land, a dairy farm and a building material shop, besides Patel also owns a costly jeep, a car and three two- wheelers," the SP said.
Singh said that domestic goods worth Rs 7.75 lakh, 28 bank accounts with Rs 14.73 lakh in deposit and a locker in Maheshwar were also found during the raids.
"Patel has also invested Rs 4.44 lakh in various insurance policies," the SP said, adding that a case under Prevention of Corruption Act has been registered against Patel.
The raids are over and estimation of properties is going on, he said, adding that no formal arrest has been made in this case yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details