Police transfers on political recommendations in MP?
New Delhi: Senior police officials in Madhya Pradesh are being allegedly transferred on the basis of political recommendations, according to information received through an RTI reply.
The recommendations were being made by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s office and forwarded to the state home department for necessary action, the RTI query has found.
A file noting seeking transfer of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Raghu Prasad from Special Branch, Shahdol, to either the force headquarters in Bhopal or the traffic department in neighbouring Satna was made by the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO) and sent to the home department for further action.
The note sheet, a copy of which was made available to RTI activist Ajay Dubey, mentions a meeting of the BJP MP from Satna, Ganesh Singh, with the Chief Minister. Singh had requested Chouhan, who was in Satna on an official tour last year, to transfer the police officer from Shahdol, the note sheet said.
Various letters recommending transfers and postings of senior police officers were being made by the CMO, it said.
The note sheet seeking transfers of DSP Ranvijay Singh Bhadoria, SP Onkar Singh Kalesh, DSP BS Raghuwanshi, DSP MP Sharma and Sub-Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP), Sitaram Saryam, were also issued by the CMO.
The copy of final orders for these police personnel were not provided by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends