Ruckus in MP assembly over `attack` on Digvijay
Bhopal: The opposition Congress on Monday
created a ruckus in Madhya Pradesh Assembly demanding a
discussion over a reported `attack` on the party general
secretary Digvijay Singh allegedly by saffron activists.
The Speaker first adjourned the House for 15 minutes
and later for half-an-hour following the din.
As the assembly gathered for the Question Hour after
paying tributes to former BJP Minister Sheetla Sahai, Congress
members, including Arif Aqeel, Priyavrat Singh, Govind Singh
Rajput and Yadvendra Singh, raised the issue of the alleged
attack on Singh by the the RSS/BJP and Bajrang Dal workers at
Ujjain and Shajapur, demanding a discussion.
As the Chair was not responding to their pleas, they
started protesting on the issue vociferously and in the din
nothing could be heard following which the Speaker Ishwar Das
Rohani adjourned the house for 15 minutes.
When the house reassembled, Congress members raised
the issue again and rushed to the well raising slogans against
BJP government and created a ruckus following which the
Speaker had to adjourn the house for 30 minutes.
The agitated members later came out of the house
raising slogans against the saffron outfits, BJP and RSS.
Leader of the Opposition, Ajay Singh, later told
reporters that Singh`s cavalcade at Ujjain and Shajapur was
attacked by saffron party workers.
"They not only attacked Singh`s car with sticks but
also pelted stones at him at both the places. If this can
happen with a former chief minister then one can imagine what
will happen with a common man in the state," Ajay said.
He also said that the Congress would not allow regular
proceedings in the House unless an adjournment motion moved by
the party is accepted.
Meanwhile, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh
Chouhan today accused Digvijay Singh of promoting
"lawlessness" in the state.
"Senior government officials had advised Singh not to
visit various places in Ujjain yesterday due to security
reasons as people were staging protest against him, but he did
not pay any heed," Chouhan told a group of reporters in the
state assembly when asked about the attack on Congress leader
at Ujjain and Shajapur yesterday.
Singh had told the officials "you do your work and I
will do mine," Chouhan said.
Referring to the Ujjain incident wherein Singh got
down from his vehicle and allegedly chased those opposing him
along with his supporters, Chouhan said it was also brought to
his notice that the vehicle in which Singh was moving had
sticks and rods.
When asked about the incident, Ajay Singh said, "What
will a person is expected to do when he was attacked by
Over Chouhan`s charge that Singh was spreading
lawlessness in the state, Ajay said everybody knows there was
no rule of law in the state and the BJP Government has made
the police totally handicapped.
Meanwhile, Madhya Pradesh Speaker Ishwar Das Rohani
today announced that the adjournment motion moved by the
Opposition Congress on the issue will come up for discussion
at 3 PM tomorrow.
The Speaker allowed for the discussion on the motion
after Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan told the House that
his government was ready for a debate on the motion.
Vidhan Sabha secretariat has received the notice for
the adjournment motion at 10 am today. As per the rules it
should be submitted two hours before the commencement of the
proceedings of the house, Rohani said.
The assembly, which witnessed unruly scenes earlier in
the day over the issue, was functioning smoothly after the
Congress members resumed their seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday