Security stepped up at Bhojshala in Dhar
Dhar: Ahead of the Basant Panchami celebrations on February 15, the district administration has made elaborate security arrangements to prevent any untoward incident at the Bhojshala complex, which is home to a Saraswati temple and Kamal Maula Mosque.
Coincidentally, Basant Panchami and the Friday Jumma Namaz this year are falling on the same day--February 15.
Routinely, every Tuesday Hindus offer prayers at Bhojshala while Muslims offer Namaz every Friday.
During the Basant Panchami festival, Hindus are allowed to perform puja at the monument the whole day.
The above arrangement was made following regular disputes between the two communities over the issue of ownership of the monument.
"We have increased alertness as Basant Panchami is falling on Friday.
"We are discussing with both the sides to organise the function peacefully and got some suggestions in this regard. We hope that the solution will come before time," District Collector C B Singh said.
Sufficient police force would be deployed in three phases for Bhojshala function, DIG Praveen Mathur said.
In the first phase, 300 SAF jawans have already reached here while in the second phase, six more companies of SAF would come here by February 8. Besides, 25 more companies of Rapid Action Force, CRPF, SAF and tear-gas trained force would reach here by February 10 to be deployed at Bhojshala on that day, Mathur said.
Peace meetings were also being held in the city in view of the festival.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump