Shehla case: Court refuses defence access to additional probe report
Indore: A Special CBI court today refused to admit a petition of the defence counsel of an accused in the RIT activist Shehla Masood murder case, seeking an additional investigation report (AIR) on the accused being quizzed by a woman inspector in jail.
The CBI told the court that a woman inspector had quizzed and examined the exhibits (certain evidence items which came to be analysed after the chargesheet was filed) with two women accused - Zahida Parvez and Saba Farooqui - in Indore district jail on February 6.
On a petition submitted by Saba`s counsel Sunil Srivastava seeking the AIR, Special Judge Anupam Srivastava said the AIR could not be given to defence, and when the documents would be moved under section 173(8) of IPC, then as per rules, the attested copies would be provided to them.
In his petition, Srivastava said if the AIR was provided then it might enable him to cross examine the next prosecution witnesses in case of her client Saba.
Earlier CBI`s Senior Public Prosecutor Hemant Shukla submitted to the court that woman inspector Shehnaz Khan, in presence of Additional SP-CBI A G L Kaul (as ordered by the court), quizzed and examined the exhibits with the two women accused, in the district court on February 6, and an analysis on it was still being done by the investigating agency.
Meanwhile, two prosecution witnesses, of private telecom players, Sagi Kumar and Pradeep Singh, deposed before the court and were cross examined by four defense counsels regarding the call details of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games