Shehla case: Court refuses defence access to additional probe report
Indore: A Special CBI court today refused to admit a petition of the defence counsel of an accused in the RIT activist Shehla Masood murder case, seeking an additional investigation report (AIR) on the accused being quizzed by a woman inspector in jail.
The CBI told the court that a woman inspector had quizzed and examined the exhibits (certain evidence items which came to be analysed after the chargesheet was filed) with two women accused - Zahida Parvez and Saba Farooqui - in Indore district jail on February 6.
On a petition submitted by Saba`s counsel Sunil Srivastava seeking the AIR, Special Judge Anupam Srivastava said the AIR could not be given to defence, and when the documents would be moved under section 173(8) of IPC, then as per rules, the attested copies would be provided to them.
In his petition, Srivastava said if the AIR was provided then it might enable him to cross examine the next prosecution witnesses in case of her client Saba.
Earlier CBI`s Senior Public Prosecutor Hemant Shukla submitted to the court that woman inspector Shehnaz Khan, in presence of Additional SP-CBI A G L Kaul (as ordered by the court), quizzed and examined the exhibits with the two women accused, in the district court on February 6, and an analysis on it was still being done by the investigating agency.
Meanwhile, two prosecution witnesses, of private telecom players, Sagi Kumar and Pradeep Singh, deposed before the court and were cross examined by four defense counsels regarding the call details of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'