Shehla case: Court refuses defence access to additional probe report
Indore: A Special CBI court today refused to admit a petition of the defence counsel of an accused in the RIT activist Shehla Masood murder case, seeking an additional investigation report (AIR) on the accused being quizzed by a woman inspector in jail.
The CBI told the court that a woman inspector had quizzed and examined the exhibits (certain evidence items which came to be analysed after the chargesheet was filed) with two women accused - Zahida Parvez and Saba Farooqui - in Indore district jail on February 6.
On a petition submitted by Saba`s counsel Sunil Srivastava seeking the AIR, Special Judge Anupam Srivastava said the AIR could not be given to defence, and when the documents would be moved under section 173(8) of IPC, then as per rules, the attested copies would be provided to them.
In his petition, Srivastava said if the AIR was provided then it might enable him to cross examine the next prosecution witnesses in case of her client Saba.
Earlier CBI`s Senior Public Prosecutor Hemant Shukla submitted to the court that woman inspector Shehnaz Khan, in presence of Additional SP-CBI A G L Kaul (as ordered by the court), quizzed and examined the exhibits with the two women accused, in the district court on February 6, and an analysis on it was still being done by the investigating agency.
Meanwhile, two prosecution witnesses, of private telecom players, Sagi Kumar and Pradeep Singh, deposed before the court and were cross examined by four defense counsels regarding the call details of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!