Shehla case: Court refuses defence access to additional probe report
Indore: A Special CBI court today refused to admit a petition of the defence counsel of an accused in the RIT activist Shehla Masood murder case, seeking an additional investigation report (AIR) on the accused being quizzed by a woman inspector in jail.
The CBI told the court that a woman inspector had quizzed and examined the exhibits (certain evidence items which came to be analysed after the chargesheet was filed) with two women accused - Zahida Parvez and Saba Farooqui - in Indore district jail on February 6.
On a petition submitted by Saba`s counsel Sunil Srivastava seeking the AIR, Special Judge Anupam Srivastava said the AIR could not be given to defence, and when the documents would be moved under section 173(8) of IPC, then as per rules, the attested copies would be provided to them.
In his petition, Srivastava said if the AIR was provided then it might enable him to cross examine the next prosecution witnesses in case of her client Saba.
Earlier CBI`s Senior Public Prosecutor Hemant Shukla submitted to the court that woman inspector Shehnaz Khan, in presence of Additional SP-CBI A G L Kaul (as ordered by the court), quizzed and examined the exhibits with the two women accused, in the district court on February 6, and an analysis on it was still being done by the investigating agency.
Meanwhile, two prosecution witnesses, of private telecom players, Sagi Kumar and Pradeep Singh, deposed before the court and were cross examined by four defense counsels regarding the call details of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day