Shehla Masood: Warrant issued against two witnesses
Indore: A special CBI court on Thursday issued bailable warrants against two witnesses, who did not turn up for deposition in the murder case of RTI activist Shehla Masood.
Special Judge Anupam Srivastava issued the warrants against Sultan Masood, father of Shehla, and family relative Sayyed Rahil Hussain, senior public prosecutor Hemant Shukla told reporters here.
The next date of their (witnesses) deposition would be fixed tomorrow, Shukla said.
The court also asked the CBI to take responsibility for producing its witnesses in court, to avoid further action against them.
Defence lawyers Sunil Srivastava and Pervez Alam urged the court to issue warrant against the absent witnesses.
Two new witnesses, Sohail Athar Zaidi and M R Uikey, will appear before the court tomorrow.
Shehla was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal on August 16, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar