Shehla murder: CBI announces Rs 5 lakh reward
New Delhi: The CBI on Friday announced a cash
reward of Rs five lakh for providing information about the
murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood, who was shot dead
outside her house in Bhopal last month.
On September 3, a case was registered against unnamed
persons by the Bhopal unit of the agency, CBI sources said
Shehla was shot dead when she was going towards her car
outside her residence in posh Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal on
Madhya Pradesh Police could not figure out the motive
but suspected she was eliminated by some powerful persons
against whom she had filed RTI applications.
Shehla had earlier gone on a hunger strike in Bhopal in
support of Anna Hazare`s cause. She was also involved in other
causes, including wildlife conservation.
Her father Sultan Masood had said he expected no justice,
being a "lower middle-class person", and did not think that
police were probing the case sincerely.
He had alleged that in January, Shehla had filed a
complaint with the Lokayukta that she feared threat to her
life from senior IPS officer Pawan Shrivastava.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand