Shehla murder: CBI announces Rs 5 lakh reward
New Delhi: The CBI on Friday announced a cash
reward of Rs five lakh for providing information about the
murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood, who was shot dead
outside her house in Bhopal last month.
On September 3, a case was registered against unnamed
persons by the Bhopal unit of the agency, CBI sources said
Shehla was shot dead when she was going towards her car
outside her residence in posh Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal on
Madhya Pradesh Police could not figure out the motive
but suspected she was eliminated by some powerful persons
against whom she had filed RTI applications.
Shehla had earlier gone on a hunger strike in Bhopal in
support of Anna Hazare`s cause. She was also involved in other
causes, including wildlife conservation.
Her father Sultan Masood had said he expected no justice,
being a "lower middle-class person", and did not think that
police were probing the case sincerely.
He had alleged that in January, Shehla had filed a
complaint with the Lokayukta that she feared threat to her
life from senior IPS officer Pawan Shrivastava.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'