Shehla murder: CBI announces Rs 5 lakh reward
New Delhi: The CBI on Friday announced a cash
reward of Rs five lakh for providing information about the
murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood, who was shot dead
outside her house in Bhopal last month.
On September 3, a case was registered against unnamed
persons by the Bhopal unit of the agency, CBI sources said
Shehla was shot dead when she was going towards her car
outside her residence in posh Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal on
Madhya Pradesh Police could not figure out the motive
but suspected she was eliminated by some powerful persons
against whom she had filed RTI applications.
Shehla had earlier gone on a hunger strike in Bhopal in
support of Anna Hazare`s cause. She was also involved in other
causes, including wildlife conservation.
Her father Sultan Masood had said he expected no justice,
being a "lower middle-class person", and did not think that
police were probing the case sincerely.
He had alleged that in January, Shehla had filed a
complaint with the Lokayukta that she feared threat to her
life from senior IPS officer Pawan Shrivastava.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured