Shehla murder: Court extends JC of five accused
Indore: A special court on Wednesday extended
till April 24 the judicial custody of prime accused Zahida
Pervez and four others in connection with the RTI activist
Shehla Masood murder case.
The Bhopal-based interior designer Zahida, her
assistant Saba Farooqui and three alleged shooters, namely
Shaikb `Danger`, Irfan and Tabish Khan were produced before
the special CBI court of Judicial Magistrate Dr Shubhra Singh
who extended their custody till April 24, senior public
prosecutor Hemant Shukla told reporters.
The court also asked Saba to respond by Friday whether
she was willing to record her statement under section 164 of
CrPc. Saba had refused to record her statement last month even
after agreeing to do so.
On alleged recovery of two mobile phones (one without
a SIM card) from Saba in Indore district jail recently, the
CBI urged the court to ensure action and direct a probe into
the matter, Shukla said.
The court assured the probe agency that appropriate
action would be initiated as per jail manual, he said, adding
the CBI would also take up the matter for investigation at its
Meanwhile, when reporters asked Zahida after she came
out of the court room if BJP spokesperson Tarun Vijay and
party MLA Dhruvnarayan Singh are anyway involved in the
killing, she said, "Aap sab ko pata hai... aap sab samjhtein
hain...bahut jyada involvement hai unka" (you people know
it...you understand better..they are very much involved".
Zahida is accused of plotting the killing of the
32-year-old activist, allegedly over the latter`s growing
"closeness" with BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh.
Another accused Irfan told reporters that he was
"misquoted" in a news item about recovery of drugs from him.
Shehla was shot dead outside her residence at posh
Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal on August 16, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok