Shehla murder: Court extends JC of five accused
Indore: A special court on Wednesday extended
till April 24 the judicial custody of prime accused Zahida
Pervez and four others in connection with the RTI activist
Shehla Masood murder case.
The Bhopal-based interior designer Zahida, her
assistant Saba Farooqui and three alleged shooters, namely
Shaikb `Danger`, Irfan and Tabish Khan were produced before
the special CBI court of Judicial Magistrate Dr Shubhra Singh
who extended their custody till April 24, senior public
prosecutor Hemant Shukla told reporters.
The court also asked Saba to respond by Friday whether
she was willing to record her statement under section 164 of
CrPc. Saba had refused to record her statement last month even
after agreeing to do so.
On alleged recovery of two mobile phones (one without
a SIM card) from Saba in Indore district jail recently, the
CBI urged the court to ensure action and direct a probe into
the matter, Shukla said.
The court assured the probe agency that appropriate
action would be initiated as per jail manual, he said, adding
the CBI would also take up the matter for investigation at its
Meanwhile, when reporters asked Zahida after she came
out of the court room if BJP spokesperson Tarun Vijay and
party MLA Dhruvnarayan Singh are anyway involved in the
killing, she said, "Aap sab ko pata hai... aap sab samjhtein
hain...bahut jyada involvement hai unka" (you people know
it...you understand better..they are very much involved".
Zahida is accused of plotting the killing of the
32-year-old activist, allegedly over the latter`s growing
"closeness" with BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh.
Another accused Irfan told reporters that he was
"misquoted" in a news item about recovery of drugs from him.
Shehla was shot dead outside her residence at posh
Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal on August 16, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP