Shehla murder: Tabish sent in judicial remand
Indore: Tabish Khan, an alleged shooter
arrested for the murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood, was
today sent in judicial remand till April 11 by a Special CBI
Court, which also asked him to inform within 48 hours whether
he is willing to record his statement before a Magistrate.
Tabish, a cousin of another accused Shaquib Ali `Danger`,
was produced before Special CBI Court Judge Shubhra Singh
The court asked Tabish to reply within 48 hours whether
he was willing to give his statement before a Magistrate under
Section 164 of Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC), official
The Central agency had submitted before the court that
Tabish be asked to record his statement before a Magistrate.
Statement given under Section 164 of CrPC can be used
as evidence against an accused.
Tabish, who was arrested from his residence in Kanpur
early this month, was later sent to Indore Central Jail.
On March 26, the court had extended till April 3
judicial custody of four other accused in the high-profile
case - Zahida Pervez, an interior designer, her colleague Saba
Farooqui, Shaquib and Irfan, an alleged contract killer.
Masood (32) was shot dead outside her Bhopal residence on
August 16, 2011. The CBI is investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic