Shivraj Singh Chouhan greets Muslims on Eid
Bhopal: Eid-ul-Fitr was on Tuesday celebrated across Madhya Pradesh with traditional fervour and zeal with Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan taking part in the festivity at Idgah here.
Besides Chouhan, former Union Minister Suresh Pachouri, senior Congress leader PC Sharma and noted actor, Raza Murad were also present on the occasion.
Thousands of Muslims offered prayers at Idgahs and mosques in Bhopal and elsewhere in the state as celebrations kicked off to mark the culmination of the holy month of Ramzan.
Attired in new clothes, men and children visited Idgahs and mosques for the prayers and greeted each other and people from other communities.
An elaborate security arrangement has been made by the police across the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!