Sodomy case: Madhya Pradesh HC notices to Collector, SP against IAS officer
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh High Court has served show cause notices to Bhopal Collector, Superintendent of Police (SP) and others on a petition seeking direction to the police to launch action against an IAS officer in an alleged sodomy case.
In his plea, Satish Chouksey, Secretary of Sikandarabad Village Panchayat in Bhopal, has said the police were not taking action against former Bhopal District Janpad Panchayat Chief Executive Officer Gyaneshwar Patil, whom, he alleged, had committed unnatural act with him on June 18.
He said despite his repeated complaints to the police and other authorities concerned, action has not been initiated against Patil, an IAS officer of 2003 batch.
The petitioner told Justice Ajit Singh yesterday that though he had made several complaints against Patil to the Bhopal SP and Shyamal Hills Police Station In-charge Inspector, nothing has come out of them.
Chouksey stated that Patil summoned him to the Janpad Panchayat office on June 18 night in Bhopal on the pretext of some work, and allegedly sodomised him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Nepal likely to form consensus government within seven days of Oli resigning
- Hemant Soren complains against top police officer
- Salman Khan acquitted in black buck poaching cases: Check out mixed reactions on Twitter
- China says South Korea damaged 'mutual trust'
- Susan Rice urges `candour and openness` on Beijing visit