Sulabh to felicitate woman who fought for toilet at home in MP
Bhopal: Sulabh International, known for its work in the field of sanitation, today announced an award of Rs two lakh for a Dalit woman from Madhya Pradesh`s Dewas district who walked out of her matrimonial home because it did not have a toilet.
Savita returned to her husband`s house in Mundlana village few days ago, after staying with her parents for about two years, as her husband Dev Karan Malviya fulfilled her demand and got a toilet constructed in his house.
Dr Bindeshwar Pathak, founder of Sulabh movement, today announced that his NGO would felicitate Savita by presenting her a cheque of Rs two lakh at a function in the village soon.
Sulabh will also request her to work as `sanitation motivator` to promote the message of sanitation in the area, the NGO said.
After walking out of husband`s house with her two children, Savita moved the court seeking maintenance from him. During a mediation by the court, the husband agreed to build her a toilet, which led to reconciliation between the two.
After learning about the case, Sulabh too constructed a toilet for her.
Earlier, the NGO had felicitated Anita Narre of Betul district in Madhya Pradesh for insisting that her matrimonial house have a toilet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata