Swine flu death toll rises to 11 in Indore
Indore: The death toll due to Swine flu in the city has risen to 11 this year with a 40-year-old man succumbing to the disease, a senior officer said today.
The victim died at CHL Hospital yesterday, In-charge of Indore unit of Integrated Disease Surveillance Project, Dr G L Sodhi, said.
"He was critical ever since he was admitted to the hospital on March 11," Sodhi said.
Thirteen more patients are being treated in various hospitals across the city and reports on six samples are awaited, he said, adding that the spread of H1N1 would be checked naturally with the rise in temperature in Malwa region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel
- Conversion of forest land the reason behind weakening of monsoon: Research
- Italy earthquake death toll rises to 247 as rescuers desperately search for survivors
- Sensex firms up 78 points in early trade on F&O expiry
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down