Teacher held for making obscene calls to student
Bhopal: A school teacher has been arrested for allegedly making obscene phone calls to a minor girl student, police said Wednesday.
Akash Choudhary (21), a teacher working with KKC School in city`s Anand Nagar locality was arrested yesterday, they said.
Choudhary had forcibly given a cell phone to the girl, a student of class VIII, about a week ago and later started making obscene calls to her during night hours. He also threatened her with dire consequences if she revealed about it to anyone, police said.
Fed up with it, the girl informed about it to her parents yesterday following which they, along with some other people from their locality, went to the school and handed the accused to police after beating him up, police said.
The cell phone that the accused gave to the minor girl was also seized by police.
A case has been registered against the accused under sections 354 (assault or criminal force with an intent to outrage modesty of a woman) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India