Teacher held for making obscene calls to student
Bhopal: A school teacher has been arrested for allegedly making obscene phone calls to a minor girl student, police said Wednesday.
Akash Choudhary (21), a teacher working with KKC School in city`s Anand Nagar locality was arrested yesterday, they said.
Choudhary had forcibly given a cell phone to the girl, a student of class VIII, about a week ago and later started making obscene calls to her during night hours. He also threatened her with dire consequences if she revealed about it to anyone, police said.
Fed up with it, the girl informed about it to her parents yesterday following which they, along with some other people from their locality, went to the school and handed the accused to police after beating him up, police said.
The cell phone that the accused gave to the minor girl was also seized by police.
A case has been registered against the accused under sections 354 (assault or criminal force with an intent to outrage modesty of a woman) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway