Three cases of gang rape reported from Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: Two women and a minor girl were allegedly gang raped in Bhind, Shajapur and Vidisha districts of the state respectively, the police said today.
The first incident of gang rape was reported from Banjare Ka Pura village in Bhind district where a tribal widow was allegedly raped by two people yesterday after she filed a complaint at Gohad Chouraha police station that local villagers had abused her and pelted stones at her house, police said.
As she returned to her house, two people identified as Ramdas and Diwan Singh forcibly took her to a stone quarry, where they raped her and later escaped, the police said.
A case of gang rape has been registered against the duo and a search is on to nab them.
In a second incident, in Shujalpur town of Shajapur district a 36-year-old married woman, who arrived in the town from Bhopal was allegedly gang raped by two youths last night, police said.
The victim arrived in the town from a place near Shujalpur, when two youth identified as Prashant Khurana and Rambharose Jat took her to the nearby fields and allegedly raped her, the police said.
She managed to escape and reported the matter to the police after which both Khurana and Jat were arrested. Further investigations are on, they said.
In the third gang rape incident which was reported from Vidisha district last night, two youth, identified as Akash Tiwari and Nilesh, who are both 19-years-old, lured a 15-year-old girl to their house, offered her a cold drink laced with sedatives, gang raped her and also shot a cellular phone video, the police said.
Later, she reported the matter to the police after which her medical examination confirmed rape.
Both the accused youth have been arrested.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani