Woman Naxal killed in police encounter in MP
Balaghat: A woman Naxalite was on Saturday killed in a police encounter and another arrested from Dadri plateau forest area in Balaghat district of Madhya Pradesh, police said.
The incident took place near Bamni village under Bithli Chowki`s Dadri plateau forest area, around 50 kms from here this morning, they said.
According to police, they spotted a suspicious-looking man entering the forest carrying some ration and followed him to find a Naxal hideout inside the forest.
As the police asked them to surrender, at least twelve rebels present there opened fire at them, the sources said, adding police returned the fire in which the woman ultra was killed while others barring one managed to escape.
The slain Naxal and her accomplice have not been identified yet, police said, adding they recovered a 315-bore rifle and some eatables from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'