Woman Naxal killed in police encounter in MP
Balaghat: A woman Naxalite was on Saturday killed in a police encounter and another arrested from Dadri plateau forest area in Balaghat district of Madhya Pradesh, police said.
The incident took place near Bamni village under Bithli Chowki`s Dadri plateau forest area, around 50 kms from here this morning, they said.
According to police, they spotted a suspicious-looking man entering the forest carrying some ration and followed him to find a Naxal hideout inside the forest.
As the police asked them to surrender, at least twelve rebels present there opened fire at them, the sources said, adding police returned the fire in which the woman ultra was killed while others barring one managed to escape.
The slain Naxal and her accomplice have not been identified yet, police said, adding they recovered a 315-bore rifle and some eatables from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family