Woman Naxal killed in police encounter in MP
Balaghat: A woman Naxalite was on Saturday killed in a police encounter and another arrested from Dadri plateau forest area in Balaghat district of Madhya Pradesh, police said.
The incident took place near Bamni village under Bithli Chowki`s Dadri plateau forest area, around 50 kms from here this morning, they said.
According to police, they spotted a suspicious-looking man entering the forest carrying some ration and followed him to find a Naxal hideout inside the forest.
As the police asked them to surrender, at least twelve rebels present there opened fire at them, the sources said, adding police returned the fire in which the woman ultra was killed while others barring one managed to escape.
The slain Naxal and her accomplice have not been identified yet, police said, adding they recovered a 315-bore rifle and some eatables from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued