Woman Naxal killed in police encounter in MP
Balaghat: A woman Naxalite was on Saturday killed in a police encounter and another arrested from Dadri plateau forest area in Balaghat district of Madhya Pradesh, police said.
The incident took place near Bamni village under Bithli Chowki`s Dadri plateau forest area, around 50 kms from here this morning, they said.
According to police, they spotted a suspicious-looking man entering the forest carrying some ration and followed him to find a Naxal hideout inside the forest.
As the police asked them to surrender, at least twelve rebels present there opened fire at them, the sources said, adding police returned the fire in which the woman ultra was killed while others barring one managed to escape.
The slain Naxal and her accomplice have not been identified yet, police said, adding they recovered a 315-bore rifle and some eatables from the spot.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!