Women aping foreign culture is not good for India: Babulal Gaur
Sagar: After Madhya Pradesh Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya drew flak for `laxmanrekha` remark, his senior colleague Babulal Gaur on Sunday said `foreign culture` of women wearing jeans and T-shirts, drinking liquor and dancing with other men is not good for India.
"Women in foreign countries wear jeans and T-shirts, dance
with other men and even drink liquor, but that is their culture. It`s good for them, but not for India, where only our traditions and culture are ok," Urban Administration & Development minister Gaur said when asked about controversies over women`s dress.
However, he said, "Let women consider what is good and bad for them".
The minister arrived here to lay foundation stone for developmental works being carried out under the Chief Minister`s Infrastructure Development Scheme.
Recently, Madhya Pradesh Industries Minister, Kailash Vijaywargiya had drawn flak for advising women not to cross their "Laxmanrekha".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray