Women aping foreign culture is not good for India: Babulal Gaur
Sagar: After Madhya Pradesh Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya drew flak for `laxmanrekha` remark, his senior colleague Babulal Gaur on Sunday said `foreign culture` of women wearing jeans and T-shirts, drinking liquor and dancing with other men is not good for India.
"Women in foreign countries wear jeans and T-shirts, dance
with other men and even drink liquor, but that is their culture. It`s good for them, but not for India, where only our traditions and culture are ok," Urban Administration & Development minister Gaur said when asked about controversies over women`s dress.
However, he said, "Let women consider what is good and bad for them".
The minister arrived here to lay foundation stone for developmental works being carried out under the Chief Minister`s Infrastructure Development Scheme.
Recently, Madhya Pradesh Industries Minister, Kailash Vijaywargiya had drawn flak for advising women not to cross their "Laxmanrekha".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen