Women aping foreign culture is not good for India: Babulal Gaur
Sagar: After Madhya Pradesh Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya drew flak for `laxmanrekha` remark, his senior colleague Babulal Gaur on Sunday said `foreign culture` of women wearing jeans and T-shirts, drinking liquor and dancing with other men is not good for India.
"Women in foreign countries wear jeans and T-shirts, dance
with other men and even drink liquor, but that is their culture. It`s good for them, but not for India, where only our traditions and culture are ok," Urban Administration & Development minister Gaur said when asked about controversies over women`s dress.
However, he said, "Let women consider what is good and bad for them".
The minister arrived here to lay foundation stone for developmental works being carried out under the Chief Minister`s Infrastructure Development Scheme.
Recently, Madhya Pradesh Industries Minister, Kailash Vijaywargiya had drawn flak for advising women not to cross their "Laxmanrekha".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Court rejects Ohio law that bans police from sex with minors
- Democrats speaking about world that does not exist: Trump
- Stan Wawrinka advances to Toronto quarter-finals
- Islamic State releases new video of France church attacker
- Indonesia executes foreign convicts despite protests; Indian national spared