14 Dahi Handi festival revellers admitted to hospital in Kalwa
Thane: As many as 14 Dahi Handi festival revellers have been admitted to the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital (CSMH) at Kalwa and are being treated there, said an official release issued here on Monday.
The release quoted Thane Municipal Corporation`s Regional Disaster Management Cell (RDMC) Santosh Kadam saying that one Rajendra Ambekar (46) from Sai Sadan Pathak, Lalbaugh, who was among dancing revellers, suffered a stroke, after which he collapsed and died at Vartak Nagar.
Fourteen others who were injured in various locations in the city, have been admitted to the Thane Civil Hospital, he said.
Sources said that Ambekar`s body has been sent to the civil hospital for a postmortem, adding that the deceased did not climb any pyramid and his death was not due to a fall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users