14 Dahi Handi festival revellers admitted to hospital in Kalwa
Thane: As many as 14 Dahi Handi festival revellers have been admitted to the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital (CSMH) at Kalwa and are being treated there, said an official release issued here on Monday.
The release quoted Thane Municipal Corporation`s Regional Disaster Management Cell (RDMC) Santosh Kadam saying that one Rajendra Ambekar (46) from Sai Sadan Pathak, Lalbaugh, who was among dancing revellers, suffered a stroke, after which he collapsed and died at Vartak Nagar.
Fourteen others who were injured in various locations in the city, have been admitted to the Thane Civil Hospital, he said.
Sources said that Ambekar`s body has been sent to the civil hospital for a postmortem, adding that the deceased did not climb any pyramid and his death was not due to a fall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry