14 Dahi Handi festival revellers admitted to hospital in Kalwa
Thane: As many as 14 Dahi Handi festival revellers have been admitted to the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital (CSMH) at Kalwa and are being treated there, said an official release issued here on Monday.
The release quoted Thane Municipal Corporation`s Regional Disaster Management Cell (RDMC) Santosh Kadam saying that one Rajendra Ambekar (46) from Sai Sadan Pathak, Lalbaugh, who was among dancing revellers, suffered a stroke, after which he collapsed and died at Vartak Nagar.
Fourteen others who were injured in various locations in the city, have been admitted to the Thane Civil Hospital, he said.
Sources said that Ambekar`s body has been sent to the civil hospital for a postmortem, adding that the deceased did not climb any pyramid and his death was not due to a fall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown