14 Dahi Handi festival revellers admitted to hospital in Kalwa
Thane: As many as 14 Dahi Handi festival revellers have been admitted to the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Hospital (CSMH) at Kalwa and are being treated there, said an official release issued here on Monday.
The release quoted Thane Municipal Corporation`s Regional Disaster Management Cell (RDMC) Santosh Kadam saying that one Rajendra Ambekar (46) from Sai Sadan Pathak, Lalbaugh, who was among dancing revellers, suffered a stroke, after which he collapsed and died at Vartak Nagar.
Fourteen others who were injured in various locations in the city, have been admitted to the Thane Civil Hospital, he said.
Sources said that Ambekar`s body has been sent to the civil hospital for a postmortem, adding that the deceased did not climb any pyramid and his death was not due to a fall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB