177 Thane pilgrims return safely from Uttarakhand
Thane: A total of 177 pilgrims who had gone for the `Chardham` pilgrimage to Uttarakhand have returned safely to the district till June 25, officials said.
In all, 267 pilgrims had gone for the yatra this season of which 177 had already returned safely home, Thane district collector P Velrasu said in an official relase issued here.
Another 62 were on their way home, he said adding that the district administration was making every arrangement for their safe return.
Besides, 28 others were in Paramartha Lok Ashram at Badrinath and arrangements were being made by the administration to bring them back safely, the collector said.
He also appealed to the citizens of Thane to get in touch with the disaster management cell of the district collectorate on nos: 25301740/ 25381886 or 1077 for any assistance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed