1993 Mum blasts: Affidavit filed about absconders
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Monday, March 19, 2012, 23:55
  
Mumbai: Pulled up for failing to bring to justice the alleged prime perpetrators of 1993 Mumbai serial blasts including Dawood Ibrahim and Tiger Memon, the CBI on Monday filed an affidavit in the special TADA court listing the steps taken by the agency to bring back the absconding accused to face the trial in the case.

Proclamation has been issued against the absconding persons, the CBI told the special court in its affidavit, adding that non-bailable warrants have been issued against them and even their known properties had been attached.

The investigative agency said that Red Corner notices have been issued against the absconding accused by the International Police (Interpol).

It further said that cash rewards have been declared, encouraging people to come forward and give information regarding the absconding accused.

The CBI has also said that look-out notices have been sent and circulated at the immigration checks. It also said that the concerned state police agencies have been sensitised and requested to assist and co-ordinate in tracing the absconding accused.

"Efforts are continuously made through diplomatic and political levels and help of Interpol is also taken as and when required," the CBI said in its affidavit.

The investigating agency also said that the 'sister intelligence agencies' have also been requested to provide inputs to trace absconders adding that sources have been deployed at various levels for collecting intelligence about the absconders.

The CBI filed the affidavit after the special TADA court came down heavily on the agency and noted that the investigating agency had not taken any steps to bring the alleged prime perpetrators - including Dawood and Memon - to justice.

The court is likely to pass an order on March 27.

PTI


First Published: Monday, March 19, 2012, 23:55


comments powered by Disqus