1993 Mum blasts: Affidavit filed about absconders
Mumbai: Pulled up for failing to bring to
justice the alleged prime perpetrators of 1993 Mumbai serial
blasts including Dawood Ibrahim and Tiger Memon, the CBI on Monday
filed an affidavit in the special TADA court listing the steps
taken by the agency to bring back the absconding accused to
face the trial in the case.
Proclamation has been issued against the absconding
persons, the CBI told the special court in its affidavit,
adding that non-bailable warrants have been issued against
them and even their known properties had been attached.
The investigative agency said that Red Corner notices have
been issued against the absconding accused by the
International Police (Interpol).
It further said that cash rewards have been declared,
encouraging people to come forward and give information
regarding the absconding accused.
The CBI has also said that look-out notices have
been sent and circulated at the immigration checks. It also
said that the concerned state police agencies have been
sensitised and requested to assist and co-ordinate in tracing
the absconding accused.
"Efforts are continuously made through diplomatic and
political levels and help of Interpol is also taken as and
when required," the CBI said in its affidavit.
The investigating agency also said that the `sister
intelligence agencies` have also been requested to provide
inputs to trace absconders adding that sources have been
deployed at various levels for collecting intelligence about
The CBI filed the affidavit after the special TADA
court came down heavily on the agency and noted that the
investigating agency had not taken any steps to bring the
alleged prime perpetrators - including Dawood and Memon -
The court is likely to pass an order on March 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?