1993 Mum blasts: Affidavit filed about absconders
Mumbai: Pulled up for failing to bring to
justice the alleged prime perpetrators of 1993 Mumbai serial
blasts including Dawood Ibrahim and Tiger Memon, the CBI on Monday
filed an affidavit in the special TADA court listing the steps
taken by the agency to bring back the absconding accused to
face the trial in the case.
Proclamation has been issued against the absconding
persons, the CBI told the special court in its affidavit,
adding that non-bailable warrants have been issued against
them and even their known properties had been attached.
The investigative agency said that Red Corner notices have
been issued against the absconding accused by the
International Police (Interpol).
It further said that cash rewards have been declared,
encouraging people to come forward and give information
regarding the absconding accused.
The CBI has also said that look-out notices have
been sent and circulated at the immigration checks. It also
said that the concerned state police agencies have been
sensitised and requested to assist and co-ordinate in tracing
the absconding accused.
"Efforts are continuously made through diplomatic and
political levels and help of Interpol is also taken as and
when required," the CBI said in its affidavit.
The investigating agency also said that the `sister
intelligence agencies` have also been requested to provide
inputs to trace absconders adding that sources have been
deployed at various levels for collecting intelligence about
The CBI filed the affidavit after the special TADA
court came down heavily on the agency and noted that the
investigating agency had not taken any steps to bring the
alleged prime perpetrators - including Dawood and Memon -
The court is likely to pass an order on March 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab