1993 Mum blasts: Affidavit filed about absconders
Mumbai: Pulled up for failing to bring to
justice the alleged prime perpetrators of 1993 Mumbai serial
blasts including Dawood Ibrahim and Tiger Memon, the CBI on Monday
filed an affidavit in the special TADA court listing the steps
taken by the agency to bring back the absconding accused to
face the trial in the case.
Proclamation has been issued against the absconding
persons, the CBI told the special court in its affidavit,
adding that non-bailable warrants have been issued against
them and even their known properties had been attached.
The investigative agency said that Red Corner notices have
been issued against the absconding accused by the
International Police (Interpol).
It further said that cash rewards have been declared,
encouraging people to come forward and give information
regarding the absconding accused.
The CBI has also said that look-out notices have
been sent and circulated at the immigration checks. It also
said that the concerned state police agencies have been
sensitised and requested to assist and co-ordinate in tracing
the absconding accused.
"Efforts are continuously made through diplomatic and
political levels and help of Interpol is also taken as and
when required," the CBI said in its affidavit.
The investigating agency also said that the `sister
intelligence agencies` have also been requested to provide
inputs to trace absconders adding that sources have been
deployed at various levels for collecting intelligence about
The CBI filed the affidavit after the special TADA
court came down heavily on the agency and noted that the
investigating agency had not taken any steps to bring the
alleged prime perpetrators - including Dawood and Memon -
The court is likely to pass an order on March 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- US clears reimbursement fund for Pakistan for ''anti-terrorism efforts''
- Unmissable! Deepika Padukone in an all-black outfit from 'xXx: The Return Of Xander Cage' sets—Pics
- US questions India-Iran Chabahar port deal
- IPL 2016: Superman AB de Villiers does it again, takes RCB into final with incredible 79-run knock vs GL
- Mbose.in & Megresults.nic.in MBOSE Tura Class 12th HSSLC Arts Results 2016 Meghalaya Board announced