930 candidates in fray for Nashik civic body poll
Nashik: As many as 930 candidates,
including 645 women, are in the fray for elections to Nashik
Municipal Corporation (NMC).
Elections for the 122-member NMC will be held on
February 16. Yesterday was the last day of withdrawal of
nominations after which 930 candidates remain in the fray, NMC
sources said today.
Sitting NCP Corporator from Ward No 29 Sanjay Chavan
has not withdrawn his nomination, indicating he will be
contesting at as a rebel candidate against official party
nominee Gajanan Shelar, who is NCP`s city unit President.
Shiv Sena`s Ranjit Nagarkar, who is NMC Standing
Committee Chairman, Congress` Gurmit Singh Bagga, Ramesh
Jadhav, Ankita Wavre, Sena`s Lata Handore, Dilip Dateer, BJP`s
Madhukar Hingmire, MNS Corporator Sheela Bhagwat, among
others, are also contesting elections as rebel candidates.
Meanwhile, supporters of Sanjay Chavan and Gajanan
Shelar clashes yesterday. Police intervened and immediately
brought the situation under control.
No complaint has been filed by either side in this
regard, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog