930 candidates in fray for Nashik civic body poll
Nashik: As many as 930 candidates,
including 645 women, are in the fray for elections to Nashik
Municipal Corporation (NMC).
Elections for the 122-member NMC will be held on
February 16. Yesterday was the last day of withdrawal of
nominations after which 930 candidates remain in the fray, NMC
sources said today.
Sitting NCP Corporator from Ward No 29 Sanjay Chavan
has not withdrawn his nomination, indicating he will be
contesting at as a rebel candidate against official party
nominee Gajanan Shelar, who is NCP`s city unit President.
Shiv Sena`s Ranjit Nagarkar, who is NMC Standing
Committee Chairman, Congress` Gurmit Singh Bagga, Ramesh
Jadhav, Ankita Wavre, Sena`s Lata Handore, Dilip Dateer, BJP`s
Madhukar Hingmire, MNS Corporator Sheela Bhagwat, among
others, are also contesting elections as rebel candidates.
Meanwhile, supporters of Sanjay Chavan and Gajanan
Shelar clashes yesterday. Police intervened and immediately
brought the situation under control.
No complaint has been filed by either side in this
regard, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"