Abducted Nashik engineering student found murdered
Nashik: A 22-year-old engineering student who was kidnapped last week was found brutally murdered near Nashik in north Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
The body of Bipin Gulabchand Bafna, son of a grain merchant, was found dumped near a private school in village Vinchur-Gavali on Friday evening. The body bore stab wounds and some marks of beating, they said.
Bafna, whose family resides at Ojhar, about 21km from here, was kidnapped by unknown persons from the city`s Panchavati Karanja locality, where his uncle dropped him at a coaching class centre on June 8.
Bipin`s parents, who frantically searched for him, lodged a missing complaint with Panchavati police station on June 10.
Police said the youth`s family had received a call from Bipin`s mobile demanding a ransom of Rs 1 crore from his father, Gulabchand.
Further investigations were on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets