Abducted Nashik engineering student found murdered
Nashik: A 22-year-old engineering student who was kidnapped last week was found brutally murdered near Nashik in north Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
The body of Bipin Gulabchand Bafna, son of a grain merchant, was found dumped near a private school in village Vinchur-Gavali on Friday evening. The body bore stab wounds and some marks of beating, they said.
Bafna, whose family resides at Ojhar, about 21km from here, was kidnapped by unknown persons from the city`s Panchavati Karanja locality, where his uncle dropped him at a coaching class centre on June 8.
Bipin`s parents, who frantically searched for him, lodged a missing complaint with Panchavati police station on June 10.
Police said the youth`s family had received a call from Bipin`s mobile demanding a ransom of Rs 1 crore from his father, Gulabchand.
Further investigations were on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH