Abducted Nashik engineering student found murdered
Nashik: A 22-year-old engineering student who was kidnapped last week was found brutally murdered near Nashik in north Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
The body of Bipin Gulabchand Bafna, son of a grain merchant, was found dumped near a private school in village Vinchur-Gavali on Friday evening. The body bore stab wounds and some marks of beating, they said.
Bafna, whose family resides at Ojhar, about 21km from here, was kidnapped by unknown persons from the city`s Panchavati Karanja locality, where his uncle dropped him at a coaching class centre on June 8.
Bipin`s parents, who frantically searched for him, lodged a missing complaint with Panchavati police station on June 10.
Police said the youth`s family had received a call from Bipin`s mobile demanding a ransom of Rs 1 crore from his father, Gulabchand.
Further investigations were on, they added.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on