Abu Jundal links: Maha BJP seeks NCP min`s resignation
Mumbai: Maharashtra Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse on Thursday sought resignation of senior NCP minister Fauzia Khan saying the arrested LeT operative Abu Jundal, who hails from Beed district, had stayed in her room at the MLA Hostel here in 2006.
"Jundal, who is now in the custody of Delhi Police, has admitted that he had stayed in the MLA hostel in Mumbai in the room belonging to Fauzia Khan. Is it appropriate for her to continue as minister?....She should go," Khadse said while initiating the debate on law and order in the Lower House.
He expressed surprise over the grounds on which the state government had given the Minister of State for Education a clean chit in 2006 when the issue had first surfaced.
"Abhu Jundal is revealing everything in custody and how conspiracies were hatched during his visit to Mumbai in that period," the senior BJP leader said.
He said the Delhi Police`s refusal to hand over the custody of Jundal to Mumbai Police points at the trust deficit.
"They (Delhi Police) have said that the accused will not be safe in the custody of Mumbai Police," the opposition leader said.
Referring to the killing of alleged Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative Quateel Siddique in the Yervada prison, Khadse said the postmortem report of the deceased mentioned that he was drunk.
How could liquor was served in the high security anda cell of the prison, he questioned.
Qateel was allegedly killed by two inmates in the prison in June this year.
Khadse said the superintendent of Yerawada jail, Prakash Pawar, was suspended only after pressure from the union Home Ministry.
"Pawar had shifted three of the four security guards at the anda cell to his bungalow," he said.
Khan had had on earlier occasions dismissed the reports on if the 26/11 handler had stayed in her MLA hostel room.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal