Accept Ajit Pawar`s resignation: Kejriwal to Chavan
Mumbai: India Against Corruption (IAC) member Arvind Kejriwal has appealed to Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to accept Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar`s resignation in the wake of the opposition furor over an irrigation scam.
Kejriwal said Chavan faces a moral test on the issue.
"Prithviraj Chavan is regarded as an honest Chief Minister, an honest person. We would like to appeal to him that Prithviraj Chavan is having a sort of test, an examination. We can understand that he is facing all sorts of pressure. Will he come under pressure and save his government and not accept Ajit Pawar`s resignation? Or would he be successful in his test and accept his resignation? His resignation must be accepted," he said.
"And, we would like to appeal to Prithvirajji that he should not come under any pressure, be it from the party command or from anybody," he added. Kejriwal further accused the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) of blackmailing the entire country, and not just the Maharashtra Government.
"A drama has been going on since yesterday that Ajit Pawar gave in his resignation and all the NCP ministers also followed suit. What does this mean? It means that they would loot, and if any probe is held against this, or if the media raises this issue, then they would resort to blackmailing. Then, they would walk out of the government and talk of collapsing the government. This is wrong. It is like blackmailing the country. It is not just blackmailing the government, but blackmailing the country as well," said Kejriwal.
Kejriwal also said a special investigative agency must be established to probe the matter.
"We demand that a special investigative team be made. The investigative team should be made under the supervision of retired honest judges from the Supreme Court or High Court. It is a very sensitive issue and if it is not probed and the scams are continued to carry on like this then farmers would continue committing suicides, which would be wrong," he said.
Ajit Pawar resigned amid charges of irregularities in granting administrative approval for projects involving several billions of rupees during his decade-long tenure as Maharashtra`s irrigation minister, although he averred that he was ready to face a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
He is accused of having cleared over 30 projects during his tenure, without the necessary procedural clearances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon