ACP booked for sending lewd messages to lady constable
Aurangabad: An Assistant Commissioner of Police has been booked for allegedly sending lewd SMSes to a lady constable, police said on Saturday.
ACP Sandeep Bhajibhakare, who was recently transferred to Ratnagiri district from Aurangabad, has been booked under section 509 of the IPC (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) on the charge of sending indecent and lewd SMSes to the woman constable, police said.
The lady constable, who had gone missing for over three times for several days in the recent past, mentioned in the police complaint filed last week that Bhajibhakare and two other ACPs had "mentally and physically tortured" her.
Following the complaint, Commissioner of Police Sanjay Kumar forwarded the case for confirmation. PI of Women`s complaint redressal cell Sarojini Kadam and Head of Vishakha Committee Bharati Bhandekar submitted a report which said the senior police officer had sent around 70 "indecent and lewd" SMSes sent to the constable.
On the directions of the CP, a case has been registered against the accused ACP in Satara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi