ACP booked for sending lewd messages to lady constable
Aurangabad: An Assistant Commissioner of Police has been booked for allegedly sending lewd SMSes to a lady constable, police said on Saturday.
ACP Sandeep Bhajibhakare, who was recently transferred to Ratnagiri district from Aurangabad, has been booked under section 509 of the IPC (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) on the charge of sending indecent and lewd SMSes to the woman constable, police said.
The lady constable, who had gone missing for over three times for several days in the recent past, mentioned in the police complaint filed last week that Bhajibhakare and two other ACPs had "mentally and physically tortured" her.
Following the complaint, Commissioner of Police Sanjay Kumar forwarded the case for confirmation. PI of Women`s complaint redressal cell Sarojini Kadam and Head of Vishakha Committee Bharati Bhandekar submitted a report which said the senior police officer had sent around 70 "indecent and lewd" SMSes sent to the constable.
On the directions of the CP, a case has been registered against the accused ACP in Satara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Rising snowfall in Antarctic may help offset global sea-level surge
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media
- Tata Hexa, Safari Storme to get 1.9-litre diesel in 2017
- MFs asset base from B15 cities up 19% to Rs 2 lakh crore
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti