Adarsh scam probe won`t be hampered: CM
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan on Friday dismissed the speculation that the massive fire in the state secretariat yesterday would hamper the probe into Adarsha Housing Society scam.
Referring to speculation that files related to Adarsh housing scam may have been damaged, Chavan, who also holds the Urban Development portfolio, said the papers are with CBI and the judicial commission.
"We have photocopies with us. Hence, the speculation that Adarsh probe will be hampered due to the fire is ruled out," the Chief Minister said. Files of Land Ceiling department too were safe, he told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown