Ajit Pawar attends function a day after skipping party meet
Mumbai: Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Ajit Pawar, who remained absent from the party`s 5th national convention in Gujarat due to health grounds on Thursday attended a function here and said "power is not everything".
"One should not always feel that he would get a vehicle having a red beacon," Pawar said during a programme to distribute educational loan to people from backward classes.
The NCP leader had skipped the party`s meeting yesterday saying he was unwell.
"Decisions should be taken for welfare of people belonging to backward classes," Pawar said, adding he always felt satisfied to work for betterment of backward community.
Yesterday`s meeting was the first major event of the party after Ajit Pawar`s resignation as deputy chief minister of Maharashtra last month.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today