Ajit Pawar attends function a day after skipping party meet
Mumbai: Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Ajit Pawar, who remained absent from the party`s 5th national convention in Gujarat due to health grounds on Thursday attended a function here and said "power is not everything".
"One should not always feel that he would get a vehicle having a red beacon," Pawar said during a programme to distribute educational loan to people from backward classes.
The NCP leader had skipped the party`s meeting yesterday saying he was unwell.
"Decisions should be taken for welfare of people belonging to backward classes," Pawar said, adding he always felt satisfied to work for betterment of backward community.
Yesterday`s meeting was the first major event of the party after Ajit Pawar`s resignation as deputy chief minister of Maharashtra last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka