Ajit Pawar attends function a day after skipping party meet
Mumbai: Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Ajit Pawar, who remained absent from the party`s 5th national convention in Gujarat due to health grounds on Thursday attended a function here and said "power is not everything".
"One should not always feel that he would get a vehicle having a red beacon," Pawar said during a programme to distribute educational loan to people from backward classes.
The NCP leader had skipped the party`s meeting yesterday saying he was unwell.
"Decisions should be taken for welfare of people belonging to backward classes," Pawar said, adding he always felt satisfied to work for betterment of backward community.
Yesterday`s meeting was the first major event of the party after Ajit Pawar`s resignation as deputy chief minister of Maharashtra last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city