Ajit Pawar back as Pune Guardian Minister
Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar has been reinstated as the Guardian Minister of Pune district.
The NCP leader, who had quit the Congress-led coalition government two months ago following allegations of corruption in the irrigation department which he held from 1999 to 2009, was re-inducted as Deputy Chief Minister yesterday.
A Government Resolution (GR) issued yesterday said Minister of State for Industries and Housing Sachin Ahir`s appointment as Pune Guardian Minister has been cancelled to pave the way for Pawar`s reinstatement.
Guardian Ministers are appointed in each district to monitor development works in their respective regions.
Ahir was appointed Pune Guardian Minister after Pawar resigned in September-end. He held the Power and Finance portfolios apart from Deputy Chief Ministership before his resignation.
Rural Development Minister Jayant Patil was entrusted with the Finance portfolio, while Higher and Technical Education Minister Rajesh Tope was given the additional charge of Power after Pawar`s resignation.
Sources in the Chief Minister`s Office said announcement regarding his portfolios may be made during the winter session of the state legislature, which begins in Nagpur from Monday, or after the two-week session concludes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29