Alleged Chhota Shakeel aides arrested by Maharashtra ATS
Mumbai: Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad
(ATS) has arrested two persons for allegedly possessing arms
and live cartridges.
The two accused - Nasir Ahmed Shaikh (34) and Ali Hussain
(64) were arrested last night from suburban Ghatkopar after
the ATS intercepted them acting on a tip-off.
"We recovered one carbine, seven pistols and 74 live
cartridges from the duo. All the weapons are country made,"
ATS chief Rakesh Maria told reporters here today.
The ATS also recovered four pistols and 24 live
cartridges from the duo`s residence in suburban Jogeshwari.
While Nasir, an auto rickshaw driver, has no past
criminal record, Ali Hussain has nine other cases registered
According to ATS, Hussain, who is suspected to be an
associate of gangster Chhota Shakeel, was also trying to
recruit young boys under his gang.
The duo were produced before a court today which remanded
them to police custody till June 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman