Army to hold recruitment rally on Feb 18 in Nagpur
Nagpur: An Army recruitment rally exclusively for Mahar community will be held here on February 18 for soldier General Duty and is likely to attract about 7,000 youths from Maharashtra.
The rally meant for only Mahar youths is open for entire Maharashtra, and members of 23 sub-castes will be entitled for recruitment which will commence from 4 am at 118 Infantry Battalion Territorial Army ground here on February 18, Director of Recruitment Centre, Col M S Bains, told reporters here on Wednesday.
About 7,000-8000 Mahar youths are expected at recruitment rally for nearly 200 vacancies in the Mahar Regiment, he said.
Youths between the age group of 17 and half and 21 years, having passed HSC are eligible for the recruitment, Col Bains added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!