Arvind Kejriwal in Mumbai: AAP supporters damage equipment at Churchgate station
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Mumbai: After his eventful Gujarat tour, Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday arrived in Mumbai on a three-day tour of Maharashtra ahead of the upcoming General Elections.
True to his style, Kejriwal took an auto-rickshaw from the domestic terminal of the Mumbai airport to travel to Andheri station.
The journey from the domestic terminal to the Andheri station traversed through AAP leader Mayank Gandhi`s constituency, who will contest the Lok Sabha polls against sitting Congress MP Gurudas Kamath.
The AAP chief then boarded the hugely-popular and city`s lifeline Mumbai local train from Andheri, to travel to Churchgate station in South Mumbai.
Chaos was reported on the train as well as both the stations. Reports said AAP supporters even damaged metal detectors and violated rules while exiting the Churchgate station.
Kejriwal was scheduled to take part in a private fund-raising meeting, after which he will hold a road show traversing the Mumbai South and Mumbai North East constituencies. AAP candidates Meera Sanyal, a former banker, and activist Medha Patkar will respectively contest from the two constituencies.
AAP, which is contesting its first Lok Sabha elections, is looking at Mumbai as its second major target after Delhi, where it formed a government for little less than two months with outside support from the Congress.
AAP hopes to raise huge funds from the country`s financial capital, and a much-needed support from the urban centers around Mumbai ahead of the national elections.
Also on target are the Maharashtra Assembly Elections due later this year.
While in Maharashtra, Kejriwal will also attend a fund-raising dinner at a luxury hotel in Nagpur tomorrow. Price tag: Rs 10,000 per person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you