Azad Maidan violence: Court rejects bail to 2 accused
Mumbai: A local court Monday rejected the bail applications of two accused in custody for their alleged role in riots at Azad Maidan on August 11.
Magistrate PS Rathod declined to grant the relief to Salim Chaukia and Faisal Hussain who are accused of snatching a gun from police and torching a media van respectively when the mob, attending the rally in South Mumbai to condemn alleged attacks on Muslims in Assam and Myanmar, turned violent.
A sessions court had last week granted bail to 14 accused who were arrested for their alleged role in the riots.
Five of the 63 persons were earlier discharged after police found that there was no case against them.
Two youths were killed and 52 people, including 44 policemen, injured on August 11 when the protesters attending the rally went on the rampage, attacking police, media persons and torching vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof