Bal Thackeray flays Pawar over Balwa links
Mumbai: Calling himself the "oldest friend"
of Nationalist Congress Party president and Union minister
Sharad Pawar, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray on Saturday said he was,
however, an "enemy" of the Maratha leader`s "opportunistic"
"We have always been Pawar`s well wishers. We felt Pawar
should take care of his health and not lose whatever little
credibility he has while indulging in politics of money. Had
he heeded our advice, he would not be facing a slide for his
links with Shahid Balwa and Vinod Goenka in the 2G spectrum
scam," Thackeray said.
"Pawar is trying to fool people by saying that
allegations of corruption don`t affect him. It will be better
if he introspects as to why Balwa and Goenka are linked with
him and not with other leaders," Thackeray said, in an
editorial in Sena mouthpiece "Saamana."
Thackeray`s comments came a day after his son and Sena
executive president Uddhav Thackeray criticised the NCP leader
after being called a "kid" by Pawar.
Pawar was asked why he had not spoken to Sena on the
agitation over Jaitapur nuclear power project, spearheaded by
Uddhav Thackeray, to which the NCP chief had replied, saying
"I do not get to meet my senior friend (Bal Thackeray)
nowadays and I would not discuss such issues with kids
"Pawar says he does not speak to kids. He should let us
know with which great personality he speaks. Does he consider
(nephew and deputy chief minister) Ajit Pawar as Pandit Nehru?
Or does he speak to Obama, Putin or Sarkozy," the editorial
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset