Bal Thackeray flays Pawar over Balwa links
Mumbai: Calling himself the "oldest friend"
of Nationalist Congress Party president and Union minister
Sharad Pawar, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray on Saturday said he was,
however, an "enemy" of the Maratha leader`s "opportunistic"
"We have always been Pawar`s well wishers. We felt Pawar
should take care of his health and not lose whatever little
credibility he has while indulging in politics of money. Had
he heeded our advice, he would not be facing a slide for his
links with Shahid Balwa and Vinod Goenka in the 2G spectrum
scam," Thackeray said.
"Pawar is trying to fool people by saying that
allegations of corruption don`t affect him. It will be better
if he introspects as to why Balwa and Goenka are linked with
him and not with other leaders," Thackeray said, in an
editorial in Sena mouthpiece "Saamana."
Thackeray`s comments came a day after his son and Sena
executive president Uddhav Thackeray criticised the NCP leader
after being called a "kid" by Pawar.
Pawar was asked why he had not spoken to Sena on the
agitation over Jaitapur nuclear power project, spearheaded by
Uddhav Thackeray, to which the NCP chief had replied, saying
"I do not get to meet my senior friend (Bal Thackeray)
nowadays and I would not discuss such issues with kids
"Pawar says he does not speak to kids. He should let us
know with which great personality he speaks. Does he consider
(nephew and deputy chief minister) Ajit Pawar as Pandit Nehru?
Or does he speak to Obama, Putin or Sarkozy," the editorial
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'