BJP moves HC, seeks direction to govt to table Adarsh report
Mumbai: Alleging a conspiracy behind the state government`s reluctance to make public the inquiry commission`s report on the Adarsh Society scam, Maharashtra BJP on Monday moved the Bombay High Court, seeking a direction to the government to table the report before the legislature.
The petition, filed by BJP MLA Yogesh Sagar and party spokesperson Atul Shah, says the ruling alliance partner Congress is trying to bury the matter.
"The commission submitted its report to the government on April 18. But to date it has not been tabled despite assurances by the Chief Minister," Shah said.
By withholding the report, government was shielding those who bent rules while granting permissions to the 31-storey Adarsh building in south Mumbai, he said.
The state government in January 2011 set up the commission headed by retired judge J A Patil to inquire into allegations that the land where the building stands belongs to the Ministry of Defence, that it was reserved for war widows and veterans, and bureaucrats and ruling politicians flouted norms while granting permissions and in return they were allotted flats.
The commission in its interim report said that the land belonged to the state, and was not reserved for anybody. Later it submitted its final report which has not been tabled yet.
The commission had recorded the statements of several defence officials, bureaucrats and former Maharashtra Chief Ministers Ashok Chavan, Vilasrao Deshmukh and Sushil Kumar Shinde.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read