BJP seeks SIT probe into Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation
Mumbai: Alleging that the Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra has "colluded" in "privatisation" of the Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL), the state unit of BJP Wednesday sought a probe by SIT into the matter.
"After looting Government money through contractors, the Congress-NCP government has started grabbing government companies and corporations. The ruling politicians, with the help of "agents" have now grabbed the profit-making MKCL," BJP secretary Kirit Somaiya said here today.
Somaiya demanded an investigation by SIT into MKCL, whose market valuation he said is over Rs 2000 crore.
"The basic objective of the company, formed in 2001, was to create IT awareness and connect educational institutions and universities," he said.
"All government, semi government employees and students were compelled to get registered with MKCL. They are forced to have certificate course from MKCL," he said.
The company was incorporated on in August 2001 and the then ministers Dilip Walse Patil, Anees Ahmed and five government officials formed it, he said.
"After creating the company, the "scamsters" declared it as private company," he said. Shares were allotted to `private persons` as "gifts" at nominal rate, he said. In 2010-11, it shifted to Pune and now the government has no role in this company, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons