BJP seeks SIT probe into Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation
Mumbai: Alleging that the Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra has "colluded" in "privatisation" of the Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL), the state unit of BJP Wednesday sought a probe by SIT into the matter.
"After looting Government money through contractors, the Congress-NCP government has started grabbing government companies and corporations. The ruling politicians, with the help of "agents" have now grabbed the profit-making MKCL," BJP secretary Kirit Somaiya said here today.
Somaiya demanded an investigation by SIT into MKCL, whose market valuation he said is over Rs 2000 crore.
"The basic objective of the company, formed in 2001, was to create IT awareness and connect educational institutions and universities," he said.
"All government, semi government employees and students were compelled to get registered with MKCL. They are forced to have certificate course from MKCL," he said.
The company was incorporated on in August 2001 and the then ministers Dilip Walse Patil, Anees Ahmed and five government officials formed it, he said.
"After creating the company, the "scamsters" declared it as private company," he said. Shares were allotted to `private persons` as "gifts" at nominal rate, he said. In 2010-11, it shifted to Pune and now the government has no role in this company, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH