BMC issues notices to attach politicos` flats for unpaid dues
Mumbai: Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation issued notices on Friday warning that properties of Worli-based Sukhada and Shubhada housing societies, in which local political bigwigs possess flats, would be attached if dues of over Rs 10 crore are not cleared.
Some of the prominent politicians residing in these two buildings are Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, BJP`s deputy leader in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde, Congress` state unit chief Manikrao Thakre, state`s forest minister Patangrao Kadam, minister Anil Deshmukh (NCP) as well as others.
The civic body issued notices to these societies which house flats of prominent leaders from the Congress, NCP and BJP yesterday for non-clearance of dues of more than Rs 16 crore, which have been pending since 2006-07, a civic official said.
The politicos would have to clear their dues in 21 days, failing which their properties would be attached, the BMC said.
As per administrative procedures, attachment would be followed by auction of these properties. "The housing societies were issued notices in April 2013 for illegal alterations made to the structures. Besides, they had also not cleared property taxes and water bills.
"So, notices were served asking them to clear their dues by September 30, 2013. The societies made partial payments to the tune of around Rs 2.6 crore, but the remaining amount remained pending, leading to issuance of the latest notice," an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!