Bribery case against Income Tax officer
Nagpur: The Central Bureau of Investigation has registered a case against an Income Tax Officer from Buldana district of Maharashtra for allegedly seeking a bribe of Rs 75 lakh from an assessed.
The complainant runs a hospital in Khamgaon in Buldhana district. According to him, on September 10, an IT team including H R Nanoti conducted a survey of the hospital and his residence, and took away some documents without preparing any panch-nama (spot inspection report).
Nanoti allegedly told the complainant that there was a pending tax liability against him, ranging from Rs 1 crore to Rs 4 crore, but the matter could be sorted out if he paid Rs 75 lakh bribe to Nanoti and other IT officers.
Otherwise, the officer allegedly threatened, the hospital would be sealed and criminal proceedings initiated, the complainant said.
CBI investigators recorded a conversation where Nanoti scaled down his bribe demand to Rs 20 lakh. The CBI also established the role of Rajendra K Jaiswal, a liquor merchant from Akola, who allegedly acted as a middleman for Nanoti.
A team led by Deputy Superintendent, CBI, Nagpur, Vijay Kumar today searched the office and houses of Nanoti and Jaiswal at Akola and seized several documents, the Central agency said in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA