Burnt minor girl succumbs to injuries in Nagpur
Nagpur: A 12-year-old girl found burnt at an under-construction building in Gondwana Nagar in Nagpur succumbed to her injuries on Saturday, police said.
The minor was last seen with a youth from her locality before she went missing on Thursday, they said.
Police said they were alerted by a neighbour of the girl when he saw her on fire and screaming at the spot on Friday.
She was rushed to the Government Medical College hospital where doctors said she had sustained 90 per cent burn injuries.
"The girl died in the wee hours today," police said.
They were exploring possibilities like rape, suicide and kidnapping as probable reasons behind the incident. They are also awaiting the post-mortem report.
After initially registering offence for kidnapping under relevant sections of the IPC, police today added the charge of murder against unknown person(s).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers