Burnt minor girl succumbs to injuries in Nagpur
Nagpur: A 12-year-old girl found burnt at an under-construction building in Gondwana Nagar in Nagpur succumbed to her injuries on Saturday, police said.
The minor was last seen with a youth from her locality before she went missing on Thursday, they said.
Police said they were alerted by a neighbour of the girl when he saw her on fire and screaming at the spot on Friday.
She was rushed to the Government Medical College hospital where doctors said she had sustained 90 per cent burn injuries.
"The girl died in the wee hours today," police said.
They were exploring possibilities like rape, suicide and kidnapping as probable reasons behind the incident. They are also awaiting the post-mortem report.
After initially registering offence for kidnapping under relevant sections of the IPC, police today added the charge of murder against unknown person(s).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report