Caught on CCTV: 3-yr-old kidnapped from Mumbai CST
Mumbai: The Mumbai railway police on Friday released the shocking video footage that shows a man kidnapping a three-year-old girl child while she lay asleep on the platform of the busy Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus.
The crime occurred on the intervening night of June 10-11. The police rummaged through hundreds of hours of CCTV footage from over 100 cameras to trace the put together the entire sequence of events between 1.45 am and 2.05 am that night.
The video shows a dark complexioned man wearing an off white shirt and pant walking through the platforms to Platform number 14, from where long distance trains depart.
The girl child, Sangita Pawar and her four siblings were sleeping on the platform with their parents who work as daily wage labourers in the city. They had missed the night train to their hometown and were sleeping on the platform so as to catch the next train scheduled for early next morning.
All three were in deep sleep when the accused came and sat near them. Then in a flash, he caught hold of the sleeping child and coolly walked off with her.
Sangita’s parents lost her at one of the busiest railway stations in the country, yet not one of the thousands of persons present there realised that a child has been kidnapped before their eyes.
The police on identifying the accused on CCTV footage stitched together the entire sequence of events. The y now believe that the man came to CST onboard a train from Kerala and left within minutes, after committing the crime, on a train bound for Nagpur.
As there are only two stations – Dadar and Thane - that are common stoppages of the two trains in question, the police suspect that the man would have alighted any one of these stations.
Having failed to locate him on their own, the police have sought the help of the citizens to nab the accused and save baby Sangita.
As per the national crime records bureau, more and more children are getting kidnapped in the country. As per the latest figures, 74 children go missing day in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’