Charges framed in IPS officer Narendra murder case
Indore: The special CBI court on Wednesday framed charges in the IPS officer Narendra Kumar murder case.
CBI had filed the chargesheet against Manoj Gurjar, the sole accused, two months ago.
Charges under sections 304 (culpable homicide), 353 (use of criminal force to prevent a government official from discharging his duties) of IPC and section 181 of Motor Vehicle Act were framed against him.
Gurjar is accused of mowing down Kumar when the latter tried to stop the tractor trolley loaded with illegally mined stones, driven by Gurjar, in Morena district of Madhya Pradesh on March 8.
Kumar was posted as Sub Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) at Banmore at the time.
Defence lawyer Mahendra Mourya told reporters that next hearing would be on August 23.
The petition filed by Kumar`s father, Keshav Dev expressing dissatisfaction over the CBI probe and demanding a fresh inquiry is still pending before the court, advocate Mourya added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...