Charges framed in IPS officer Narendra murder case
Indore: The special CBI court on Wednesday framed charges in the IPS officer Narendra Kumar murder case.
CBI had filed the chargesheet against Manoj Gurjar, the sole accused, two months ago.
Charges under sections 304 (culpable homicide), 353 (use of criminal force to prevent a government official from discharging his duties) of IPC and section 181 of Motor Vehicle Act were framed against him.
Gurjar is accused of mowing down Kumar when the latter tried to stop the tractor trolley loaded with illegally mined stones, driven by Gurjar, in Morena district of Madhya Pradesh on March 8.
Kumar was posted as Sub Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) at Banmore at the time.
Defence lawyer Mahendra Mourya told reporters that next hearing would be on August 23.
The petition filed by Kumar`s father, Keshav Dev expressing dissatisfaction over the CBI probe and demanding a fresh inquiry is still pending before the court, advocate Mourya added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'