Cong MLA to lock horns with state govt on water scheme
Jalna: Local Congress MLA Kailash Gorantyal on Saturday said the city Congress unit would launch agitation against the state government for not giving power connection to the Jayakwadi-Jalna water scheme.
Addressing a press conference here, Gorantyal said that Jayakwadi-Jalna water scheme has been constructed at the cost of Rs 223 crore but the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd has refused to give power connection until Jalna Municipal Council pays the outstanding bills of Rs 34 crore.
Gorantyal said he had met the Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and told him that JMC could not pay the bill. He also alleged that Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, whom Gorantyal met, was against giving the power connection until bills were paid.
Gorantyal further alleged that state government gave power to Osmanabad Municipal Council, which is controlled by NCP, despite its dues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress