Cong MLA to lock horns with state govt on water scheme
Jalna: Local Congress MLA Kailash Gorantyal on Saturday said the city Congress unit would launch agitation against the state government for not giving power connection to the Jayakwadi-Jalna water scheme.
Addressing a press conference here, Gorantyal said that Jayakwadi-Jalna water scheme has been constructed at the cost of Rs 223 crore but the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd has refused to give power connection until Jalna Municipal Council pays the outstanding bills of Rs 34 crore.
Gorantyal said he had met the Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and told him that JMC could not pay the bill. He also alleged that Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, whom Gorantyal met, was against giving the power connection until bills were paid.
Gorantyal further alleged that state government gave power to Osmanabad Municipal Council, which is controlled by NCP, despite its dues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’