Cong MLC appeals to people to stay away from New Year revelry
Mumbai: Congress MLC Charan Singh Sapra on Sunday appealed to people to stay away from New Year celebrations and instead offer prayers for the deceased Delhi gang-rape victim even as Mumbai Pradesh Youth Congress organised a candle light march at Azad Maidan.
"This may be marked as a mourning period and a tribute to the brave-heart who succumbed to the injuries of the brutal incident occurred on December 16, 2012," Sapra said in a statement issued here.
He said that New Year must be welcomed by organising prayer meetings in various religious places so that the victim`s soul rests in peace.
Mumbai Pradesh Youth Congress organised candle light marches at Azad Maidan and suburban Jogeshwari to pay homage to the 23-year-old girl who died in a Singapore hospital yesterday after battling for life for 13 days.
The youth wing has demanded capital punishment to the perpetrators of the crime, saying they will send a letter to AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi to raise this demand in Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP