Cong MLC appeals to people to stay away from New Year revelry
Mumbai: Congress MLC Charan Singh Sapra on Sunday appealed to people to stay away from New Year celebrations and instead offer prayers for the deceased Delhi gang-rape victim even as Mumbai Pradesh Youth Congress organised a candle light march at Azad Maidan.
"This may be marked as a mourning period and a tribute to the brave-heart who succumbed to the injuries of the brutal incident occurred on December 16, 2012," Sapra said in a statement issued here.
He said that New Year must be welcomed by organising prayer meetings in various religious places so that the victim`s soul rests in peace.
Mumbai Pradesh Youth Congress organised candle light marches at Azad Maidan and suburban Jogeshwari to pay homage to the 23-year-old girl who died in a Singapore hospital yesterday after battling for life for 13 days.
The youth wing has demanded capital punishment to the perpetrators of the crime, saying they will send a letter to AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi to raise this demand in Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!