Cong MLC appeals to people to stay away from New Year revelry
Mumbai: Congress MLC Charan Singh Sapra on Sunday appealed to people to stay away from New Year celebrations and instead offer prayers for the deceased Delhi gang-rape victim even as Mumbai Pradesh Youth Congress organised a candle light march at Azad Maidan.
"This may be marked as a mourning period and a tribute to the brave-heart who succumbed to the injuries of the brutal incident occurred on December 16, 2012," Sapra said in a statement issued here.
He said that New Year must be welcomed by organising prayer meetings in various religious places so that the victim`s soul rests in peace.
Mumbai Pradesh Youth Congress organised candle light marches at Azad Maidan and suburban Jogeshwari to pay homage to the 23-year-old girl who died in a Singapore hospital yesterday after battling for life for 13 days.
The youth wing has demanded capital punishment to the perpetrators of the crime, saying they will send a letter to AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi to raise this demand in Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state