Cong MLC appeals to people to stay away from New Year revelry
Mumbai: Congress MLC Charan Singh Sapra on Sunday appealed to people to stay away from New Year celebrations and instead offer prayers for the deceased Delhi gang-rape victim even as Mumbai Pradesh Youth Congress organised a candle light march at Azad Maidan.
"This may be marked as a mourning period and a tribute to the brave-heart who succumbed to the injuries of the brutal incident occurred on December 16, 2012," Sapra said in a statement issued here.
He said that New Year must be welcomed by organising prayer meetings in various religious places so that the victim`s soul rests in peace.
Mumbai Pradesh Youth Congress organised candle light marches at Azad Maidan and suburban Jogeshwari to pay homage to the 23-year-old girl who died in a Singapore hospital yesterday after battling for life for 13 days.
The youth wing has demanded capital punishment to the perpetrators of the crime, saying they will send a letter to AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi to raise this demand in Lok Sabha.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living