Cong questions Sena for sending Dhoot to RS
Mumbai: Reacting to Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray`s barbs with regard to nomination of cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar to Rajya Sabha, Congress today questioned Sena`s own motives in sending industrialist Rajkumar Dhoot to the Upper House some years ago.
"If Thackeray says nominating Sachin to Rajya Sabha is like `Dirty Picture`, then was nominating Dhoot a case of `Apna Sapna Money Money?" MPCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said here.
At a function earlier in the day, Thackeray called Sachin`s nomination as the "real Dirty Picture". Yesterday, he had questioned Congress`s motives in nominating Sachin.
Sawant also criticised Thackeray`s remark about Rahul Gandhi. Thackeray said today that Rahul was a novice who wanted to become the Prime Minister.
"The Shiv Sena chief should first look at the `achievements` of his son (Uddhav Thackeray)," Sawant said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Flat belly diet: Include these 3 foods to burn fat fast!
- Read: Why Virat Kohli, David Warner exchanged text messages regarding Orange Cap in IPL 9?
- Shocking! 7th Pay Commission recommends abolition of overtime for government employees
- VVIP chopper deal: BJP most welcome to make revelations, says Sonia Gandhi
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples