Cong questions Sena for sending Dhoot to RS
Mumbai: Reacting to Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray`s barbs with regard to nomination of cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar to Rajya Sabha, Congress today questioned Sena`s own motives in sending industrialist Rajkumar Dhoot to the Upper House some years ago.
"If Thackeray says nominating Sachin to Rajya Sabha is like `Dirty Picture`, then was nominating Dhoot a case of `Apna Sapna Money Money?" MPCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said here.
At a function earlier in the day, Thackeray called Sachin`s nomination as the "real Dirty Picture". Yesterday, he had questioned Congress`s motives in nominating Sachin.
Sawant also criticised Thackeray`s remark about Rahul Gandhi. Thackeray said today that Rahul was a novice who wanted to become the Prime Minister.
"The Shiv Sena chief should first look at the `achievements` of his son (Uddhav Thackeray)," Sawant said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis