Cong says can`t grow `on crutches`, eyes NCP`s tur
Mumbai: Ahead of the 2014 elections, Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) Wednesday decided to strengthen its grassroot base in all Lok Sabha and Assembly constituencies, including the seats held by ally NCP.
In a veiled reference to NCP, AICC in-charge of the state Mohan Prakash said if the Congress wants to grow faster, it "can`t do so on clutches."
Talking to reporters, MPCC president Manikrao Thakre and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said a decision on alliance will be taken by the Congress central leadership.
"The state unit will work to strengthen the party in the entire Maharashtra including those seats held by NCP," they said.
When asked about Mohan Prakash`s remarks made in the meeting, Thakre said all parties wish to grow without anybody`s help. "No one is happy in an alliance. Every one wants to be number one," he said.
Mohan Prakash told the PCC delegates that seats which the Congress had lost should be seen through a different perspective in view of changing political situation.
He said that the appraisal and evaluation will depend on their performance and results shown.
"Maharashtra politics is on a threshold of change. It is upto you on how you adapt," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India