`Cong won`t tolerate Ajit Pawar`s unnecessary aggression`
Nagpur: Taking exception to senior NCP leader Ajit Pawar`s remarks targetting Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Maharashtra Congress president Manikrao Thakre said the party will not tolerate such "unnecessary aggression".
"Congress will not keep quiet but retaliate if Ajit Pawar doesn`t stop the unnecessary aggression against Chavan....It will be a tit for tat," Thakre told reporters here.
The senior Congress leader was on the tour of Nagpur, Bhandara and Gondia cities in east Maharashtra.
Pawar, who resigned as deputy chief minister after allegations of irregularities in irrigation projects, launched a veiled attack on Chavan over "tardy pace" in clearing files.
"Some people keep files pending. For what reasons, I don`t know. May be they want to study those files. I don`t want to comment on that," Pawar told reporters in Satara, Chavan`s home district in west Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’