Cops bust flesh trade racket at hotel in suburban Juhu
Mumbai: The Mumbai police on Sunday busted a prostitution racket at a suburban Juhu hotel, involving a girl of Russian origin and an aspiring model from Jharkhand.
The police said that they have arrested two agents from a five star hotel and booked them under Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act.
The police laid a trap was laid at a Juhu-based hotel at around 2 am on Sunday and arrested Karan Milwani and Gopal Mandal for forcing two women into flesh trade.
The police said that they sent the two women to a rehabilitation centre after they were rescued. Police also added that the aspiring model had graduated from an aviation academy and was trained for the job of an air hostess.
After the police received a tip-off about the sex racket, police officials were sent as decoy customers to Mandal, who agreed to provide girls to them. He told them that he could arrange a Russian girl for Rs 20,000 and an Indian girl for Rs 25,000.
After the deal between the decoy customers and Mandal was made, two police officers reached the hotel in plain clothes and waited for Mandal.
Later, Mandal and Milwani arrived in the hotel and accepted Rs 45,000 for the two girls and took the two decoy customers to the rooms were the women were waiting.
After the police officers reached the room, they revealed their real identities and rescued the girls, while the accused were arrested after a brief chase.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs