Court summons to Raj Thackeray for hate speeches
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday issued summons against Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray for his alleged hate speeches against north Indians and instigating violence against them on various occasions.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Manish Yaduvanshi directed that summons be issued against Raj Thackeray for September 28.
The court`s order came on three different cases lodged against Thackeray, one of which pertains to attack by MNS supporters on north Indian students, including students from Bihar, appearing for the railways` entrance exam in Mumbai on October 20, 2008.
The case was registered on a complaint by an advocate Murad Ali. It was pending in the court of CJM in Betiya in Bihar before being transferred here.
Two other cases lodged by one Sudhakar Ojha relates to MNS chief`s alleged remarks against "Chhath Pooja,` a Hindu festival celebrated especially in Bihar, calling it a "drama" and "show of numerical strength".
The three were among the seven cases transferred by the Supreme Court to Delhi in November 2011.
Of the seven cases, five were registered in Jharkhand and two in Bihar by different individuals. Thackeray had sought transfer of all the cases to one place.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know