Credibility of politicians has declined: Gadkari
Mumbai: Admitting that the credibility of
politicians has declined, BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Sunday
said the scenario would change only if good people enter the
"The credibility of politicians has declined. In every
sector deterioration can be seen. Today, politics (as a
profession) is not seen as a matter of pride. When you say you
are a politician, people look at you in a different manner,"
"Those who are competent, who are experts do not want to
join politics. The scenario would change only if good people
enter politics," he said, adding, "Leaders (politicians) do
not come from heaven but from the society."
Gadkari was speaking at a program organised to
commemorate the 142nd birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi by
the Priyadashni Academy at KC College in south Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?