Credibility of politicians has declined: Gadkari
Mumbai: Admitting that the credibility of
politicians has declined, BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Sunday
said the scenario would change only if good people enter the
"The credibility of politicians has declined. In every
sector deterioration can be seen. Today, politics (as a
profession) is not seen as a matter of pride. When you say you
are a politician, people look at you in a different manner,"
"Those who are competent, who are experts do not want to
join politics. The scenario would change only if good people
enter politics," he said, adding, "Leaders (politicians) do
not come from heaven but from the society."
Gadkari was speaking at a program organised to
commemorate the 142nd birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi by
the Priyadashni Academy at KC College in south Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price