Credibility of politicians has declined: Gadkari
Mumbai: Admitting that the credibility of
politicians has declined, BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Sunday
said the scenario would change only if good people enter the
"The credibility of politicians has declined. In every
sector deterioration can be seen. Today, politics (as a
profession) is not seen as a matter of pride. When you say you
are a politician, people look at you in a different manner,"
"Those who are competent, who are experts do not want to
join politics. The scenario would change only if good people
enter politics," he said, adding, "Leaders (politicians) do
not come from heaven but from the society."
Gadkari was speaking at a program organised to
commemorate the 142nd birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi by
the Priyadashni Academy at KC College in south Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users