Credibility of politicians has declined: Gadkari
Mumbai: Admitting that the credibility of
politicians has declined, BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Sunday
said the scenario would change only if good people enter the
"The credibility of politicians has declined. In every
sector deterioration can be seen. Today, politics (as a
profession) is not seen as a matter of pride. When you say you
are a politician, people look at you in a different manner,"
"Those who are competent, who are experts do not want to
join politics. The scenario would change only if good people
enter politics," he said, adding, "Leaders (politicians) do
not come from heaven but from the society."
Gadkari was speaking at a program organised to
commemorate the 142nd birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi by
the Priyadashni Academy at KC College in south Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger? - Part II
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger? - Part III
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note
- AgustaWestland probe will focus on names in Italy court judgement, says Manohar Parrikar
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain