Dacoits kill woman; decamp with gold jewellery
Thane: A gang of dacoits allegedly killed a 42-year-old woman before decamping with her gold ornaments worth Rs 1.40 lakh in Tarapur village in the district here, police said.
The incident took place last night, when the woman identified as Shakila Shoukatali Raina, was alone at her home in Pastal village that is located around four kms from Tarapur, API Srikant Patil of the Tarapur police station said.
The victim was stabbed several times, police said.
Addl SP Sangramsingh Nishandar said that the body has been sent for post-mortem and hunt is on to nab the killers.
Further investigation is on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note