Dacoits kill woman; decamp with gold jewellery
Thane: A gang of dacoits allegedly killed a 42-year-old woman before decamping with her gold ornaments worth Rs 1.40 lakh in Tarapur village in the district here, police said.
The incident took place last night, when the woman identified as Shakila Shoukatali Raina, was alone at her home in Pastal village that is located around four kms from Tarapur, API Srikant Patil of the Tarapur police station said.
The victim was stabbed several times, police said.
Addl SP Sangramsingh Nishandar said that the body has been sent for post-mortem and hunt is on to nab the killers.
Further investigation is on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Monaco Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ends his wait, Sergio Perez completes podium