Dacoits kill woman; decamp with gold jewellery
Thane: A gang of dacoits allegedly killed a 42-year-old woman before decamping with her gold ornaments worth Rs 1.40 lakh in Tarapur village in the district here, police said.
The incident took place last night, when the woman identified as Shakila Shoukatali Raina, was alone at her home in Pastal village that is located around four kms from Tarapur, API Srikant Patil of the Tarapur police station said.
The victim was stabbed several times, police said.
Addl SP Sangramsingh Nishandar said that the body has been sent for post-mortem and hunt is on to nab the killers.
Further investigation is on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'