Dacoits kill woman; decamp with gold jewellery
Thane: A gang of dacoits allegedly killed a 42-year-old woman before decamping with her gold ornaments worth Rs 1.40 lakh in Tarapur village in the district here, police said.
The incident took place last night, when the woman identified as Shakila Shoukatali Raina, was alone at her home in Pastal village that is located around four kms from Tarapur, API Srikant Patil of the Tarapur police station said.
The victim was stabbed several times, police said.
Addl SP Sangramsingh Nishandar said that the body has been sent for post-mortem and hunt is on to nab the killers.
Further investigation is on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown