Dacoits kill woman; decamp with gold jewellery
Thane: A gang of dacoits allegedly killed a 42-year-old woman before decamping with her gold ornaments worth Rs 1.40 lakh in Tarapur village in the district here, police said.
The incident took place last night, when the woman identified as Shakila Shoukatali Raina, was alone at her home in Pastal village that is located around four kms from Tarapur, API Srikant Patil of the Tarapur police station said.
The victim was stabbed several times, police said.
Addl SP Sangramsingh Nishandar said that the body has been sent for post-mortem and hunt is on to nab the killers.
Further investigation is on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials