Eighth class student stabs his senior at school
Yavatmal (Maha): A 13-year-old eighth class student of the Kalamb based Chintamani High School stabbed his 16-year-old senior studying in the tenth class of the same school Monday afternoon.
The victim was rushed to the government public health centre where the doctors treated him.
A police team rushed to the school and took the culprit into their custody. Since the accused is a juvenile offender, the police referred the case for investigation and put the filing of FIR on hold.
When contacted, police inspector Dinkar Thosare confirmed the incident but refused to divulge any details.
The school`s headmaster in-charge said that teachers are helpless due to the strict restriction imposed on corporal punishment.
"Earlier, teachers were free to take action including corporal punishment to control unruly students, but now we cannot," he said, adding that it is a matter of great concern.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know