Eighth class student stabs his senior at school
Yavatmal (Maha): A 13-year-old eighth class student of the Kalamb based Chintamani High School stabbed his 16-year-old senior studying in the tenth class of the same school Monday afternoon.
The victim was rushed to the government public health centre where the doctors treated him.
A police team rushed to the school and took the culprit into their custody. Since the accused is a juvenile offender, the police referred the case for investigation and put the filing of FIR on hold.
When contacted, police inspector Dinkar Thosare confirmed the incident but refused to divulge any details.
The school`s headmaster in-charge said that teachers are helpless due to the strict restriction imposed on corporal punishment.
"Earlier, teachers were free to take action including corporal punishment to control unruly students, but now we cannot," he said, adding that it is a matter of great concern.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations