Eighth class student stabs his senior at school
Yavatmal (Maha): A 13-year-old eighth class student of the Kalamb based Chintamani High School stabbed his 16-year-old senior studying in the tenth class of the same school Monday afternoon.
The victim was rushed to the government public health centre where the doctors treated him.
A police team rushed to the school and took the culprit into their custody. Since the accused is a juvenile offender, the police referred the case for investigation and put the filing of FIR on hold.
When contacted, police inspector Dinkar Thosare confirmed the incident but refused to divulge any details.
The school`s headmaster in-charge said that teachers are helpless due to the strict restriction imposed on corporal punishment.
"Earlier, teachers were free to take action including corporal punishment to control unruly students, but now we cannot," he said, adding that it is a matter of great concern.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- International Weightlifting federation names 15 re-test doping failures
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims